Thursday 17 January 2013

For the Love of Layers

When the weather is this unpredictable, it makes getting dressed in the morning even more difficult.  So how do you dress in this weather? The answer is simple - layers!

Layers allow you to mix and match more items in your closet which helps to  give your wardrobe a new look. Layering also provides warmth, the ability to remove layers to get cooler, and it's also an excuse to create an interesting and unique winter looks that are stylish and practical. Try layering textures, prints & colours.


Layers






Layers

Layers by btstyleguru featuring wool hats




layers

layers by btstyleguru featuring a long hooded coat



What do you think about layering? What are your favourite items to layer?

3 comments:

  1. I love the jacket in the second outfit and skirt in the last, they're totally gorgeous! For me, jumpers over shirts and then a coat is the perfect kind of layering.

    Bethany Paige(www.paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that trench amazing?! Glad to know I have a UK reader. I used to live in Richmond - near Kew Gardens. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved and admired British street style. I am now a happy follower of your blog!

      Delete
  2. I chuckled when I saw your blog post this morning. It's -20 out there today, but I decided I must wear a knit miniskirt. Stubborn prairie girl genes have I.
    I am wearing fleece tights with grey long socks, long black leg warmers pulled over and tall khaki boots. Don't know about how it's pulling together, but darn I'm wearing that skirt!

    ReplyDelete