Monday 11 June 2012

DIY mermaid dresses






 I went to a local thrift store and picked up a bunch of tank tops and children's skirts. 
All I had to do was take in each tank top so that they would fit either of my girls. Then simply sew one of the skirts to the bottom of the tank and voila! You have a mermaid dress. 


 Ryan's dress was actually one of my dresses that I took in and tightened it in various areas. I think it turned out pretty well!


 With left over material, I added the "tail" to the bottom of this top.



 Once they get over their mermaid phase these dresses can also double as flamenco dresses!!


1 comment:

  1. They bring that dreamlike girl into reality by exquisite wedding, bridesmaid and prom gowns. However fashion sense alternates, mermaid dresses stand out in the fashion dress arena. Mermaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete