Wednesday 30 May 2012

the art of busy

When did life get so busy? It's crazy. I feel like I am constantly on the move. Getting things done and yet, at the end of the day, I still feel like there are a million things I have yet to accomplish. Why is that? Have our lives really gotten busier? Or are we trying to do to much?

I know that I will always struggle to find balance. First and foremost, I am a stay at home mom. So my days are spent running around with the girls. Going to parks, appointments, play dates, dance class, gymnastics. Not to mention the household duties that need to get done. Then, when time allows, I work on my business. Which unfortunately doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. But of course, as my girls grow older - {Ryan will be 4 in a week and a half and will be off to J.K in September!!} - I will have more time, to put more time and energy into my business. And, inevitably, find something else to keep me occupied. Fulfilled. Busy!

Now, I don't have a problem with being busy. It runs in the family!  My parents are the busiest people I know.  But what I have realized, as I get older, I am harder on myself if I take a break. Have too much down time. I feel guilty. I think this runs in my family too. It all comes back to balance. How to balance the pushes and pulls of life along with the much needed down time. Because, more often than not, down time fuels our creativity. Making relaxation extremely important.





I love being on the move. Thinking ahead. Getting outside. Going places. Learning new things. I don't think I am running from anything but hopefully towards something. Something that makes me a better person. Something that challenges me. Something that makes me excited to get up and get started! Maybe that is why I like to be busy. My mind is constantly on the go, now I just need to find a way to catch up to it! 


What about you? Are you too busy? Trying to do too much? Is this something that you are used to and have accepted as being a part of your life? What do you do to relax? De-stress? Refuel?



3 comments:

  1. Busy seems to agree with you. You are an amazing Mom and Woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! My thoughts exactly! You are always telling me that's just the way my life is - busy. I agree with finding balance. I recently have been taking more time to just live in the moment vs. plan for the next. My baby will be in JK and my older in 1st grade starting September - this time i've wishing for - and I'm sure I'll be "mourning" the loss of time with my daughter! Just enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete