Friday 20 January 2012

Cold weather essentials



I am a firm believer that when you look good, you feel good.  But I also know that it may be tough when the temperature plummets!  However, I still try to make an effort especially when I leave the house. So here are 4 items that I deem essential if you want to stay fashionable yet warm during the winter months.

The Scarf - They do a lot more than just keep you cozy and warm.   They also act as a statement piece on even the simplest of  outfits. 

I am currently coveting this scarf from Etsy.  Happy Fox Scarf

Knit Cardigan - Knit cardigans are ideal items of clothing to own in our climate, and are great for heating up any winter outfit. There are lots of options out there to choose from when it comes to colour, style and fit.  For a whole range of colours and styles check out The Bay.  I can never seem to get enough of the open cardigan. 

I love the pattern on this one by Ralph Lauren.  wrapped in style


Boots - Lots of women struggle to find a boot that can brave our weather and look good at the same time.  Here are my 3 picks for warm and stylish boots. 
Sorel Sorelia Earhart 
Pajar  Laverne boot
Merrell Oslo-WTPF 





Bold BottomsThis winter is also all about bold colours. While we usually associate winter with dark shades of greys, blacks and navy's, a great way to break out of the cold weather blues is to add a punch of colour!  Look for it in jeans, leggings and trousers. If you are really daring, go for these pink trousers at H&M.
 touch of pink


So there are my tips to keeping warm and still looking stylish, and I would love to hear what item you can't live without this winter!

1 comment: