Thursday 26 July 2012

Mod Podge

I did it! I finally purchased some Mod Podge.  I guess this was next step to becoming a legitimate crafter, ok, maybe not legitimate, but close enough!  It's no wonder that Mod Podge is a true crafting staple and no doubt found in every craft-onistas closet. This miracle 3-in-one product is a glue, sealer, and finish, all in one retro looking bottle. And that's not all folks - you also have a choice of finishes: gloss, satin, and even sparkle and fabric versions!  A whole new world of crafting possibilities has opened up for me. Cue heavenly music.


So for my first mod podging(?) I made a cute little frame for one of Ryan's friends who was turning 4.
I bought some pretty scrapbook paper, a wooden frame, a small wooden flower along with some sponges.

Another reason why I love this stuff, it's foolproof! Which is great for an unskilled and impatient diy'er like myself. 

And...voila! My very first attempt at Mod Podge was a success!

And to add a touch of personalisation, I added a felt K to the centre of the frame.


Plus, I made a cute little card, appropriately with 4 candles - yes, I even used Mod Podge to glue the candles on!

A fun and easy birthday present.

Now...what shall I Mod Podge next?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that stuff too! It's the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mod podge, it really is so simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you know you can make you own mod pudge... equal part of white glue and water et voila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! Thanks so much for the tip @Dolphina.

      Delete