Friday 11 May 2012

Coconut Flour Pancakes

If you are looking for a healthy twist on the traditional pancake for your Mother's day brunch, I suggest you give these a try.

I found the recipe here, and I was inspired by a friend and fellow blogger over at Say Yippie from her recipe for Pumpkin Spice Loaf.

I had made the pumpkin loaf a few weeks back and LOVED it, and now I am hooked on coconut flour. Since I had all the ingredients on hand, I set out to make some nutritious pancakes. My fingers were crossed that a) they would turn out and b) my girls would eat them. Success!

 Ingredients you need: 
3 eggs
3 tbsp of melted butter or coconut oil
3 tbsp of coconut milk, whole milk or soy milk
1 1/2 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp Coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

1. Whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil, milk, syrup, and sea salt.
2. Continuing to whisk, add the baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly mixed.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil) in a skillet on a medium heat.
4. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet.




I made them pretty small since they are quite dense. Plus they were perfectly kid-sized!


 They were a hit!

Wishing all the incredible, hard working Moms out there a very happy Mother's Day!


For my Mom, who is a die hard the owl and the peacock reader: Thank you for always being there for me. For guiding me. For supporting me. For lifting me up when I am down. For being a wonderful mother and an incredible grandmother. I am proud of you and all that you have accomplished! xo

2 comments:

  1. Another yummy recipe to try... you do offer up great ideas and info! I look forward to trying this one out.
    Love the note to your Mom - you are a sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE coconut flour pancakes!!!! Yay you!!!!

    ReplyDelete