Monday 30 April 2012

a little decadence

My mom and I made these super yummy, easy and decadent lovelies when I was last in Montreal.  All it takes are small chocolate cups, some creme fraiche and berries. That's it!  This time when I went to make them I couldn't find any creme fraiche, so I just mixed mascarpone cheese with some whipped cream instead. YUM!


These chocolate cups were purchased at Cook's Fine Foods and Coffee but can also be found at your local grocery store.  If you are the Martha Stewart/super ambitious/avid do-it-yourselfer, a)what are you doing reading my blog? and b)you can obviously make your own cups.


I love the taste of both creme fraiche and mascarpone cheese by themselves, but for a touch of sweetness you can add some sugar or whipped cream to the mix.  And of course, choose whatever berries or any other fruit you like to top it all off. Voila!


Whatever you choose, I guarantee the end result will be delicious.  My husband loved it so much he automatically assumed that they were store bought! I took that as a hit to my culinary skills and as a compliment. {But mostly a hit}


Note: although the image above depicts what was left over from my daughter, rest assured it found a wonderful home in my belly.



How awesome and easy is that?!


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm mmm Yum! Looks and sounds delicous. Will have to try these out ASAP. Thanks for another great idea with "how to"... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks Christine! You're are too kind. Let me know how it turns out or better yet, send me an invite when you do make them :)

    ReplyDelete