Tuesday 7 February 2012

my slight obsession

    
I don't know exactly when it all started.  What was once merely a simple attraction, has turned into a full blown obsession.  My house is now lovingly decorated with various owl & peacock accents.  That's one reason why I named my blog The Owl and the Peacock. The other reason, my girls.  After doing a bit of research, I came across the following info.  So far, it describes my girls fairly accurately.         


The Owl Personality: 
A quiet thinker with analytical traits: wants to know things, wants accuracy, likes lists, numbers & statistics. Loves detail, research, data and information. Dislikes change, taking risks, people who are sloppy in their work. Owls also dislike people who are showy and loud. When change is happening, they want to know HOW to do what they are being asked to do. Can get quite stressed during change processes, particularly if a lot of change happens over a sustained period. Under pressure Owls will avoid conflict. 

The Peacock Personality: 
Peacocks are the very loud, life-and-soul of the party types that Owls dislike so much. They are intuitive, impulsive, swift moving (often hard to find because they move about so much and so often). Love being the front person, love social situations. Need appreciation, recognition and regular pats on the back. Like to inspire others – can be very charismatic. Not good with deadlines, detail or time-frames. Dislike meetings. Great at coming up with off-the-wall ideas, but don’t ask them to implement the ideas, they are not great implementors. Want to know WHY. 


Two unique birds, two unique personalities.  Looks like I'm destined to be surrounded by owls & peacocks.  I couldn't be happier.


Information from Ann Andrews personality types

No comments:

Post a Comment