Monday 27 May 2013

What makes you, YOU?

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
― Dr. SeussHappy Birthday to You!


What inspires you? What makes you laugh? What makes you cry? What moves you? Drives you? Excites you?

If you look at business magazines or motivational books, often you find sections that encourage you to make a list of all the things that make you stand out.  What makes your business or your services better than the competition.  However, I think this is an important exercise that everyone should do.

I was inspired to write and share this post because this exercise helped me to focus on my core values as a person and as a business owner. It also helped me to prepare for my first TV interview on CKWS. The other reason why I am sharing this is because of a conversation I had with a friend this morning.  All too often we let negative thoughts into our heads. It's OK to acknowledge fears, doubts, & insecurities, but it's equally important to push past them. That's how we grow. That's how we build confidence. That how we build trust in ourselves.

Grab a coffee, a pen and paper and take some time to find out more about yourself. You may be surprised with what you find!

Write a list of all of your talents. 

Write down the things that make you a great friend, mother, sister...

Write down a good deed you did for someone and how it made you feel.

Write down at least one thing that you love about yourself.

I am at my best when...

Write down at least one thing that you feel is missing from your life. Brainstorm and jot down ways you might be able to bring it back into your life. 

Set a goal to try at least one new thing this summer. 

Stand tall.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” 
― Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment