Monday 12 November 2012

Can't get enough

Confessions: I love colour and I love accessories. In both fashion and home decor. I don't feel quite like myself unless I am surrounded by colour. And, as far as accessories go, they can liven up a room or change the look and feel of an outfit. So, of course, I am a bit of an accessory nut!

One of my favourite home accessories are pillows. No matter what store I go to, I always find myself looking at the pillows. The trend these days seem to be animal silhouettes like a deer head, and fun sayings or words. 
That was my inspiration for the pillows that I made.  


I went online to find a silhouette, then printed it out. What I like is that this was actually supposed to be a girl with an Afro, but it looks like a child's head once I sewed it to my pillow!


This fabric was from a large floor pillow I purchased. The price was right and of course I LOVED the pattern on in. I knew that I was going to use it to make smaller pillows for our living room.









I mixed the fabrics so that there would be some cohesiveness to the pillows.


Little pops of colours and a touch of whimsy to dress up a well worn couch.



1 comment:

  1. Your talents run deep and wide! Beautiful pillows... where can I purchase??

    ReplyDelete