Monday 8 October 2012

Testimonial

When I first decided to start my business as a wardrobe consultant, I knew that I wanted to help women realize their style potential. I wanted them to value themselves and value the importance of looking their best.  After my sessions with clients, I want them to feel empowered.  I want them to feel beautiful. I want them to feel worthy of looking good.  It's doesn't have to cost a lot of money, but it does require time and work.  As you can tell from the testimonial below, it's all worth it! 


I sought out the help of a stylist because I was tired of purchasing items that hung with their tickets still attached  because I didn’t think I could pull them off or because I bought them and discovered soon after that they weren’t the look I was going for.  I have also struggled with my weight which left me hanging on to favourite clothes that were 2 sizes smaller.  I wanted to simplify the morning routine of picking out clothing. I found Beth Thomas – Style Guru through an internet search.  I needed someone to help me clear my closet and help me learn how to fill it with a functional, fun and stylish wardrobe.  Beth understood my style even better than I did even at our first meeting.

I have always struggled to figure out my style. I could pinpoint the looks I liked in a magazine or on a “together” women walking down the street.  I could pick out an item that was fun but I was completely stuck when it came to putting an entire look together. Beth showed me how to do just that. We went shopping and I learned what flatters my figure and what to avoid. She made fun outfits out of items in my closet. What I love about Beth is that, like my mom, she doesn’t hold back when something doesn’t look good on me or when she thinks I am holding back from my potential.  I have learned to trust my instincts that I now know are often good ones. I guess I just needed a bit of validation from someone who knows what she is doing!

I have learned so much about myself and my style since working with Beth.  One gem of wisdom that will stick with me came out when Beth was helping me clean out my closet.  As I tried to debate holding on to 3 plain, worn out, Old Navy long sleeve cotton shirts, Beth told me that I was worth so much more than those shirts. Every time that I go out now, I wear things that make me feel good, instead of just the closest thing I can throw on, even if I am just out running errands. I might wear a skirt or my good jacket and boots, just because.  A second gem of wisdom was to set my own bar of what to wear instead of thinking about what others might be wearing. Instead of worrying that something might be too dressy or too casual, I set my own standard now and I just go with it.
Since our first closet cleanse and shopping spree just over a year ago, I have lost two dress sizes. The clothes that Beth helped me pick out were too big so I had Beth come help cleanse my closet one more time.  On my own and using the advice that Beth shared with me, I have purchased almost an entirely new wardrobe and I no longer second guess my purchases. I wear my clothes with confidence and I have never felt more content and more like the “me” I always knew was hiding out somewhere within.  Picking out clothing for work or an evening out is now a piece of cake. In fact, I now have multiple options that I feel good in. Next year, I will turn 40. It took me a while to figure things out but thanks to Beth I have done so while I am still young!


Stay tuned for another testimonial from a past client. See how her style transformation propelled her to make more changes in her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment