Thursday 6 September 2012

Grilled cheese re-vamped!

Crusty on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside. No, I am not rewriting my bio, I am talking about the grilled cheese sandwich. A staple in many homes I'm sure.  Of course, when I was growing up, it was simply white bread, a processed cheese slice and lots of butter.  Now, as long as you have bread and cheese, you can add absolutely ANYTHING to it to create your very own interpretation of a classic.  

Trying to keep it as simple and healthy as possible - I have created my own grilled cheese gooey-goodness.

What you need:
Crusty Bread - I used an olive loaf
1 Avocado sliced
Tomato, sliced
Goats cheese
Parsley Pesto (recipe below)
Panini Press or Grilling Pan


Parsley Pesto
1 shallot roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
2 tbsp of fresh parsley
Olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.

Layer your pesto, goats cheese, avocado and tomato on your bread.
Then simply grill. No need for butter or oil.
YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment