Wednesday 4 April 2012

A fairy garden

Both of my girls LOVE fairies.  I must admit, I love them too.  They evoke mystery, magic and intrigue.  What little girl wouldn't want to discover a tiny fairy resting on a flower petal?  Or perhaps find one in the garden?  To invite some fairy friends to our house, we created a magical and colourful miniature village.

This was a fun and easy project that cost next to nothing to make.  The small bird houses were purchased from the dollar store along with the paint.  Everything else, we had on hand.





all decorated and ready to go

Our little fairy garden










Now we wait for our little fairy friends to visit.

4 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable craft project! What great memories you are building with your girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bright colors/colours. Very whimsical! I'm sure they loved creating the village and they'll have hours of imaginary fun to enjoy everyday. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought stuff to make a fairy garden for my daughters today and decided to search for ideas and found your blog tonight. So cute! I think I may need a bunting in our garden too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great! It's actually one project that I did with my girls that held their attention. Plus they still go out and check on their fairy garden to see if any fairies have visited. Have fun!

      Delete