Sunday 4 March 2012

the good with the bad

This weekend was a particularly tough weekend.  My husband does shift work, so some weekends he's off - yay, and others, he works - argh! This weekend, he worked.



The bad: It's was me versus my two girls Friday, Saturday, Sunday. From their 'good mornings' to their 'good nights'.  Needless to say, it's draining.
The good: I get to spend a lot of quality time with my daughters. Many of moms don't have that luxury.

The bad: Ryan is potty trained. Andy - we're working on it!  I was downstairs with Ryan making flags, when Andy came down and told me she did poo-poo. Great! Then I noticed she wasn't wearing her diaper anymore. Then I could smell it.  I made my way to the stairs only to find a trail of poo on every single step! (And later found more on the kitchen floor)
The good: Andy is showing lots of signs that she is ready. One step closer to being diaper free!

The bad: Ryan is potty trained. But of course there are slip-ups every now and again. This weekend, she had a slip up.  Just wasn't quite quick enough. She made it to the potty, but was just a little too late.
The good: Since her pants were still up, they soaked up most of the mess.

The bad: Our tiny main bathroom has easy to open french doors with no lock.  I turn my back for even one minute (ok I'm browsing Pinterest) and they are upstairs "washing" their doll and stuffed animals in the sink!
The good: We have someone coming this week to fix the door!





1 comment:

  1. You do have your hands full :) It is inspiring to see you juggle and catch, without missing a beat. Keep up the good work, all the way around. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete