Monday 9 January 2012

Monday mealtime rant

Suppertime. Just the act of writing it down makes me want to crawl into bed and assume the fetal position. I know that I am not alone when I say that suppertime {shiver} is stress inducing.  I think the main ingredients in a nuclear bomb is tired, picky kids and an exhausted mom!

Now, getting my girls to the dinner table is the easy part. Keeping them there is virtually impossible.  Tonight was no exception. While plating their dinner, I was thinking to myself 'I have got this in the bag!". And just as I place the plates down on their respective personalized placemats, chaos ensued!  They start grabbing food from each other's plates,  they go from sitting down to standing up to sitting on the table.  There's yelling by them; "I'm not hungry!" "This is yucky!" "That's not my favourite!". And then there's yelling from me "Sit down!" "Andy leave your sister alone!" "It IS your favourite!" "You asked me to make this!" "Just TRY it!!".

In the end, some food gets eaten, some food will be found in various nooks and crannies tomorrow at bath time, and the rest of the food is camouflaged in the carpet eagerly waiting for me to find it with my freshly laundered socks on.











No comments:

Post a Comment